I do not know how many times I have planned a relaxing day at the beach and have not enjoyed my time there. Personally, I try to keep to myself and not disturb the other beach goers, but not everyone feels the same as I do. I can handle the occasional ball flying over to where I am sitting, but being trampled and hit with beach chairs as people walk by, now that’s another story.
Let’s take a look at some things to keep in mind when spending the day at the beach:
- Volume Control: It is okay to play some music while at the beach, but not everyone wants to listen to what you do. So please keep it down a bit.
- Horseplay: I know we all want to have fun, but find an area that is not close to a large group of people before playing football or Frisbee. Try to keep the game from overtaking guests lying in the sand. This is for their safety and yours.
- Space limitations: Only take up the amount of space you need to be comfortable. There is no need to cover 50 yards if it is only you and a book.
- Kicking Sand: Try not to kick up sand, especially when others are lying in the sand.
- Sunscreen: When applying spray on sunscreen, look around to make sure no one is around you. You do not want to get it in their eyes, mouth and they may not want to wear your sunscreen too.
- Dress Appropriately: If it is a family beach, keep you clothes on. If is it not a family beach, then more power to you!!
Hope this helps you when visiting the beach during your next vacation.
For more travel information, including destinations, reviews, tips, etc. Like my Facebook page - Vero Beach Travel Examiner - or follow me on Twitter @WDWTravelExam. You can also be the first to see new Examiner.com articles by subscribing to my Vero Beach Travel Examiner site using the button near the top of the page.