For travelers on a budget, the annual auction hosted by the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) offers the best online deal out there. Savings are generally more than 50 percent from listed values (airfare not included). The annual auction for travel bargains from the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) is open to the public and bidding closes on November 20 at 10 p.m. (MST).
Denver travelers can bid on 50 travel-themed packages. Top items range from attractions and hotels around the United States from Orlando to Seattle to hotel packages as far away as Venice and Bali. From beaches to mountains to sea, international and U.S., your bargain vacation awaits your bid. (Plus it’s kind of fun to bid your way to a great vacation.)
This auction works much the same as eBay and other online auctions. Register by logging on with your personally created ID and password, and then browse through the more than 50 travel themed items. Then bid as often and on as many items as you would like. The auction is updated in real time. Items are donated to SATW for their fundraising auction. All proceeds are used by SATW for professional development programs for its members.
Bids for some items start as low as $25. Values range from a $160 culinary tour in Colorado to four nights in Bali for $4,422. The more than 50 travel-themed items are valued at more than $53,000. All you need do is log on to SATWAuction.com and start bidding.
Take a look at these sample packages available for your bidding!
- A 3-night getaway awaits you in the Spanish Pyrenees amidst an 8-acre forest near the Cadí National park at the Torre del Remei, a magnificent summer Palace, has been transformed into an elegant luxury hotel, 150 km from the Barcelona airport. Your package includes a 3-night stay and daily breakfast for two people, plus one Torre del Remei Classic menu dinner (drinks NOT included). value $2,104! Bidding starts at just $200
- Rock the waters on a Sixthman cruise with your favorite rock stars. Win a double-occupancy ocean view cabin on one of your choice of two Sixthman cruises: Ships and Dip 4 or The Rock Boat XI! Sixthman is an Atlanta-based affinity travel company, known for creating once-in-a-lifetime vacations for fans and their heroes, breaking down the walls between performer and audience, on full-ship charters through the Caribbean.Valued at $2,400. Bidding starts at $200!
- Or how about a girlfriend getaway at the JW Las Vegas Marriott Resort & Spa, valued at $540?
- Family friendly packages such as three-nights/four days all-inclusive package for a family of four at Gran Caribe Real Resort in Cancun, valued at $800
- Stay close to home with the Westin Westminster package. Your Westin Westminster Promenade Experience package includes: one (1) night weekend stay for two, deluxe accommodations at Colorado’s Westin Westminster (www.westindenverboulder.com); two tickets to AMC Promenade Movie Theatre; Smores for two at O’s Ristorante; two tickets to the Butterfly Pavilion – a tropical rainforest filled with 1,200 free-flying butterflies; and two hours of bowling at Fat Cat’s (also includes shoe rental for two).Valued at $240, bidding started at $25.
SATW’s online travel auction is open to the public through November 20, 2010 at 10:00 pm. Log on now to SATWAuction.com, begin bidding and planning your travels!