Decorating your mantel for the holidays will make your fireplace the showcase of the room. With a little imagination and creativity, you can transform your fireplace mantel into a winter wonderland that will wow those who visit you during the holiday season.
Winter Wonderland Mantel Display
- Miniature houses with lights
- Pine cones
- Glass icicle ornaments
- Snow blanket
- Glue spray
- White and clear glitter
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Pre-lit green garland
- Pour both glitter colors into a bowl, mix.
- In a well ventilated room, coat your garland and pine cones with glue spray. Sprinkle your glitter mixture over the entire garland and on each pine cone . Gently shake the garland and pine cones to remove excess glitter.
- Put aside a few pine cones for your display. Glue the remaining pine cones and berries along the length of your garland.
Creating Your Winter Wonderland Mantel Display
- Place your snow blanket across the top of your mantel.
- Sprinkle your glitter mixture over the entire snow blanket.
- Place your houses on and along the glitter covered snow blanket.
- Hang your garland across the front of your mantel.
- Hang your icicles along the bottom of your garland.
- Sporadically spread your remaining glitter pine cones throughout your winter wonderland village.
Place a trio of holiday candles at each end of your mantel to add a little more magic to your winter wonderland display. Let your inner decorator shine through, and enjoy all that you create this holiday season.