Training for a 5k takes a serious amount of commitment and time. It’s important when training for any marathon to listen to your body, cross train and eat a balanced diet. Below are a few helpful time saving tricks that will allow you to train for a 5k no matter what your schedule is like.
Cross Training Options Include:
- Weight Training
A running schedule will vary for each person considering fitness level, age and previous injuries if any. Below is a basic guideline that can be modified based on your needs as well as goals.
Running schedule and tips:
- Make sure to get proper running shoes before beginning your training. It's ideal to get fitted and do your research before making any purchase.
- Run at a location that is convenient to you during the week, this will help cut down on commuting to or from work.
- You want to make sure you are running at least 3 times a week for about 40 minutes.
- On the third day of each week increase your milage by one mile.
- For weight training work with a personal trainer if you can, a trainer might be able to offer guidance pertaining to other aspects of your training.
- Join a running club
- Get enough rest
- Eat a blanced diet
Running sites to check out:
FOR ALL MY FITNESS UPDATES....