The day that the Indianapolis Colts and their fans have been waiting for since January has arrived. Wednesday marked the day when the team made their way to Anderson University in order to prepare for their 2014 Training Camp. The Colts were greeted by both media and fans waiting to see how each player arrived. Colts veteran wide receiver, Reggie Wayne, was expected to make a grand entrance. He did not disappoint.
As media and fans alike waited patiently for players to arrive, they saw in the distance a two-seater Indy car driving through campus. Two race helmets were in view, one sporting the Colts horseshoe logo. Who was being transported via racecar? Reggie Wayne of course. Indy racecar driver Ed Carpenter drove Wayne in as spectators snapped photos and recorded videos that surfaced onto social media outlets within seconds.
Upon arriving to camp, Wayne announced that he has been cleared for training camp. However, Colts head coach Chuck Pagano plans to limit Wayne’s participation to be safe. According to the Indianapolis Star Sports Twitter (@IndyStarSports), Wayne responded by announcing he had brought with him a pair of boxing gloves to fight Pagano’s plans for limitations.
Past Reggie Wayne grand entrances:
- 2006: Arrived wearing an Edgerrin James jersey
- 2007: Arrived wearing hunting gear
- 2009: Arrived in a dump truck wearing construction gear
- 2012: Arrived military vehicle wearing Army uniform
- 2013: Arrived in a helicopter
Other training camp notable mentions:
- WR T.Y. Hilton arrived sporting a Super Mario backpack.
- RB Vick Ballard announced he has also been cleared for practice after sustaining a season-ending injury last season.
- Sergio Brown, Andrew Luck, Coby Fleener and Pat McAfee, among others, were spotted greeting fans and signing autographs.