Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar adds vim and vigor to a variety of dishes ranging from summer salads to barbecue and—believe it or not—beverages. The orange-colored vinegar strikes the ideal balance between sweet and sour and adds a secret ingredient that packs a gourmet punch
If you make your own salad dressings, Trader Joe’s vinegar will probably improve any recipe. Straight out of the bottle, the vinegar makes a tangy, tart marinade for chicken, fish or shrimp. The citrusy vinegar even jazzes up fruit salad and adds a fiesta flavor to salsas. Trader Joe’s touts this lively vinegar for Asian, Latin or Island cuisines; as a dressing for sliced avocado, jicama and orange segments; or paired with sesame oil to toss a Chinese chicken salad.
But maybe the most interesting use for Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar is in a spritzer. The label of the vinegar suggests adding three tablespoons of Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar to sparkling water over crushed ice. Vinegar and water? As a beverage? Yes, that sounds weird. But the taste is refreshing and effervescent, a non-alcoholic beverage to wash the dust of summer off a parched tongue. Try mixing the vinegar with Trader Joe's citrus-flavored sparkling water for a double citrus whammy.
Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar contains champagne vinegar, orange and muscat grape juices, sugar and water. One tablespoon has about 15 calories, no sodium, and delivers a small amount of vitamin C. Trader Joe’s is the exclusive distributor of this zesty orange vinegar. Trader Joe’s website indicates that the vinegar is hand-crafted by a small company in Northern California specializing in gourmet products from the state’s farm belt and wine country.
Try Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar in this delicious vinagrette--a family recipe from the owner of Racines restaurant in Denver. The link also includes salad-making tips from the chef at Racines.
••• "Cultivate your corner of the world.
You grow your garden; your garden grows you." •••
• Colleen Smith's gift book "Laid-Back Skier" is a whimsical, inspirational, artfully designed book with charming illustrations of ski bunnies and encouragement for life's ups and downs. Watch "Laid-Back Skier's" brief YouTube video.
• Colleen Smith’s first novel, “Glass Halo”—a finalist for the 2010 Santa Fe Literary Prize — is available in hardcover or e—book.
To learn more:
• "Like" Friday Jones Publishing on Facebook for frequent posts on gardening, music, art and other fresh topics.
• Follow FridayPublisher on Twitter.
• Follow FridayJonesWags on Pinterest.