When an actual trip around the world is probably not an option most of the time, read around the world instead. For families with children ages 3 to 8, that love to read discover and imagine.
What you will need:
What you will need to do:
- Select a story that takes place in a different country and read it as a family.
- After reading the story, help your children locate the country on a globe or map. Maps that show topographical details such as mountains are helpful, as are pictures of the country's landscapes or cityscapes. Imagine together what it would be like to live there.
- Discuss a few fun facts about the country. Gather these ahead of time for younger kids, while encouraging older children to participate in the fact finding.
- Trivia questions that relate to the story can encourage fun conversation.
- Finish the evening by making a snack or dessert from this country
When we learned that Switzerland has the highest chocolate consumption in the world, we decided we would have hot chocolate with our reading journey. No marshmallows, though, because that's something the Swiss would never do!" Mom residing in the Magic Valley.
Faster than a speeding minivan, able to leap piles of laundry in a single bound. It’s a bird, it’s a plane. It’s Supermom!
Please subscribe to the Twin Falls Motherhood Examiner at the link above, this free subscription will ensure you will receive an email each time I post. With great articles coming in Mom - Me Time, Infants, Toddlers & Teens oh my, Moms at the Movies, Fabulous Housewives of Twin Falls, Thrifty Shopping & more, Family Times, Simple & Scrumptious in the Kitchen and On my Soapbox.