For families with children ages 8 and up, that like a challenge and like to eat.
What you will need:
- 2 picnic baskets or boxes
What you will need to do:
- Much like a popular cooking show, discover what the chefs in your family can create when given a basket of random ingredients.
- Split up into two teams and assign a different meal course to each. Every player adds an ingredient to the other team's basket, keeping in mind what course the item with ne used to make. (No soy sauce for dessert)
- Set a timer for 30 minutes and get to work. Teams must use all of the items in their baskets to create yummy dishes. Other ingredients may be used to if needed.
- The whole family judges the dishes on presentation and taste then confirms that all the ingredients were used.
This activity allows our tweens to unplug the electronics and enjoy one another and good food. And we have found a hidden talent in our 11 year old: He is a great cook!, says a Twin Falls, Idaho mom.
Faster than a speeding minivan, able to leap piles of laundry in a single bound. It’s a bird, it’s a plane. It’s Supermom!
Please subscribe to the Twin Falls Motherhood Examiner at the link above, this free subscription will ensure you will receive an email each time I post. With great articles coming in Mom - Me Time, Infants, Toddlers & Teens oh my, Moms at the Movies, Fabulous Housewives of Twin Falls, Thrifty Shopping & more, Family Times, Simple & Scrumptious in the Kitchen and On my Soapbox.