For those traveling to San Francisco looking to book a trek outside the city, here are two tours worth checking out.
Green Dream Tours of California Wine Country
This company specializes in small day long tours of California's wine country. Visitors can tour Nappa and Sonoma if they want to take in the entire wine region or choose a more leisurely tour of either Nappa Valley or Sonoma Valley. These van tours ensure one will be in a small group thus offering a more intimate wine tasting experience.
As an example of features offered on their tours, here's a listing of what's included in their for their Wine Country Tour of Sonoma Includes:
- Visit three boutique wineries – no extra tasting fees
- Detailed explanation of the wine-making process
- Picnic/Box lunch at Larson Family Winery (Deli sandwiches, side salad, cookies, soda and water)
- Pick-up and drop-off at your San Francisco hotel
- Narrative on San Francisco history and neighborhoods
- Photo stop at Golden Gate Bridge
- One-hour visit to town of Sonoma
- Free chocolate and cheese tastings in Sonoma
- Complimentary water, gum, mints and suntan lotion
- Great tunes to keep you groovin’ on the ride
- Anniversaries and birthdays receive a special gift
- Honeymooners receive an extra special gift
Tower Tours Muir Woods Tour
This tour company works very well for those who want to travel to Muir Woods without the burden of trying to find parking, which can be quite difficult especially during the height of tourism season. This bus tour ventures north over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient coastal redwood trees, also known as Muir Woods National Monument. Visitors have up to 1 1/2 hours in the park to stroll around through these 1000-year-old trees towering 260 feet tall. Then the tour goes through Sausalito, a Mediterranean-like village harbored across the San Francisco Bay, where visitors have the option of adding on a Sausalito Ferry ticket if they want to hop off and explore this seaside touristy town. Also, one can book a Muir Woods + Alcatraz ticket for those who would like to explore this infamous former prison.