Tostada recipe (photograph by Jonathon Weber)
It is Mexican food night and you need a recipe, well, here you go. Another tasty treat for you couples to enjoy. This is a simple recipe and can be done many different ways.
What you need:
Corn tostada shells
Ground beef, chicken or steak
1 can of refried beans
1 package of cheese (Mexican cheese or asadero cheese)
Step by step:
- First you need to cook your meat (use taco seasoning to spice up whatever meat you are choosing).
- Heat up your refried beans. Warm them up in a pot on low heat with a little added water to make them more spreadable for the tostada shells.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spread the beans lightly on the shells and place on a cooking sheet.
- Add the meat of choice. If you are using chicken or steak you will need to cut up into small pieces.
- Top off with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy. Top with your tomato, salsa and sour cream. You can pair this up with Mexican rice and some refried beans or black beans.
Try adding guacamole to top off this awesome Mexican meal.