Peas and carrots for the most part are plain and ordinary vegetables when served as is. A little pat of butter or some salt and pepper is what usually is added to spice them up. That’s not all that thrilling when you have a family that isn’t too crazy for vegetables. You can change that very easily.
Creating a pasta salad is an easy way to make peas and carrots exciting once again. Now turn these simple yet healthy veggies into a side dish that will be worth sinking your teeth into and have everyone looking for seconds.
- 1 (15 ounce) can of peas and carrots
- 2 cups of uncooked pasta shells
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup of green onion, sliced
- ½ cup of poppy seed salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon of dill weed
- Cook up the pasta shells according to the directions on the package.
- Drain the pasta well after it is cooked and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the can of peas and carrots along with the cheese, onions, dill weed and salad dressing and stir until pasta is uniformly coated.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for one hour to chill.
- Stir pasta salad once more and serve while it is still cool.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author:
Home and Living Examiner shares household tips, events, tips and tricks for greener living and fun crafts and ideas. Healthy Living Examiner teaches about nutrition, updates on public news alerts and recalls and medical and health issues. Jackson Celebrity Examiner has the gossip about your favorite stars. Mobile Top News Examiner brings news stories to your fingertips occurring in the United States as well as other countries on a variety of topics. Mobile Holidays Examiner is interesting while sharing traditional and bizarre holidays, food holidays along with history and trivia about fun holidays throughout the year.