Did you know dry skin is a way in for germs? If your skin is not kept soft and somewhat supple there is a greater risk of germs intruding in through your pores. Most people experience a myriad of colds and flu during the driest of the winter months. The best way to keep the largest organ of your body healthy and keeping illness at bay is by moisturizing your skin. Lotions, creams and oils do not cure the common cold but an immune skin barrier can certainly prevent certain germs from intruding in. The top picks for safe and effective skin care:
· Ocean Blossom Hand and Body Lotion, deep sea luxury, sea-inspired marine botanicals and organic aloe drench your skin with natural scents of Ocean blossom, sea berry and Mangrove citrus. Keeps skin from drying, scaling and cracking. Vegan safe.
· Affafia Shea and Green Tea Revitalizing Lotion, give this lovely to your skin to drink when the weather is freezing and dry, fair trade certified unrefined shea butter, there’s no better, at its finest and West African neem for extra dry skin to normal. Green tea makes your skin snappy and elastic again. Vegan Safe.
· Sunstone Mineral Body Lotion, it sounds like a body tanning lotion but it’s not. Mineral support for your skin prevents sagging and drooping, keeping moisture levels as well as collagen levels up. Use as a preventative and to pull your skin back in line. The miracle of hyaluronic acid (smart nutrient) plumps up the creases and lines in your skin again, and vitamins A, B, C and E, coats each skin cell, repairing skin tissue. Feel like you just left the spa. Vegan safe.
· Fruit Stem Cell Revitalize Serum, from Andalou Naturals, for the serious anti-aging at heart. Concentrated resveratrol Q10, no parabens, phthalates, no synthetic ingredients here. Vegan safe and gluten-free.
· Shikai Borage Dry Skin therapy Lotion, atopic dermatitis and chronic dry skin conditions will per and benefit. It seeps in deeper and covers more skin area when the dry heat indoors and frigid dry air outside can be irritating to skin. Borage oil is clinically-proven to be effective to extra dry sensitive skin types but contains no fragrance. Mild non-irritating formula.
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.