Grab your Boom Box and some slammin' cassette tapes for the party Saturday, September 7th as we celebrate National Cassette Store Day! Those plastic little music keepers made it hip to be square and held some of the most groundbreaking albums of the 1980's. If you were in a car, at a 7-11, or just had your headphones on with your walkman blaring, chances are Madonna, Michael Jackson, or U2 tunes were cranking out.
LA Indie Music Examiner pays homage to the magical musical age of 1980's plastic cassette tapes with a Top Ten list of the hippest albums from that musically rich decade.
1. Michael Jackson Thriller (1982)
2. Madonna Like A Virgin (1984)
3. The Smiths Meat Is Murder (1985)
4. Run D.M.C. Run D.M.C. (1984)
5. Cyndi Lauper She's So Unusual (1983)
6. Depeche Mode Some Great Reward (1984)
7. Rolling Stones Emotional Rescue (1980)
8. Beastie Boys Licensed To Ill (1986)
9. Bruce Springsteen Born In The U.S.A. (1984)
10. U2 Joshua Tree (1987)
Feel Free to ADD on any of your favorites albums while POSTING and SHARING on Facebook!/Twitter!