Does owning a home, maintaining a credit score and paying health premiums you hope you will never need keep you working hard but feeling all the poorer for it? Here are some financials whose time may be past prime, and for self interest possibly forgotten.
1. No credit card. Consumner Affairs reports that the average amount of credit card debt is $15,799 and 46% of Americans carry the balance month to month. Ask yourself if a 'good credit score' is really worth it for you to maintain by making these payments.
2. No home mortgage. According to Dylan Ratigan, 50% of all mortgaged properties in Florida carry a debt higher than the home's market price and in Nevada 63% of homes are underwater. Do not pay more for something than its value.
3. No medical insurance. The Congressional Budget Office estimates 33% of health care procedures do not improve health and a Harvard study published in the New England Journal of Medicine reports that 20% of patients are actually more harmed than done good by the medical treatments they recieve. Also consider a report published in The American Journal of Medicine: medical bills are a major factor in more than 60 percent of all personal bankruptcies in the United States and of those bankruptcies approximately 75 percent of them involved people with medical insurance.
4. No car. No deadly accidents, no traffic jams, DUIs, less oil spills, less air pollution, no breakdowns and less contributing (fossil fuel revenues) to some backwards country which does not support human rights. Note: only a die-hard altruist will give up their car.
5. No full-time job. Our time can be used making money but our money can never be used to buy ourselves additional time (making time priceless). You are the true measure of what your time is worth. Some allowances for self often affords life's deeper riches.
6. Less things. Less things equal less headaches. Things need to be protected from damage, guarded against theft, repaired when broken, maintained, and sometimes insured. Having nothing means free to do nothing. Some people pay quite a bit in order to 'do nothing'.
7. Less money. Less need for it. What is there that is really worth your time to buy? Give your labors in service to your spirit.
8. No beliefs. Beliefs are not truths. Problems stem from people believing that their beliefs are truths.
9. No self (or ego insecurities). Some live in spirit and some live as spirit but all the world is a stage and everybody actors on it with a role to play. The key to being good is to not look like its acting.
10. Love without judgement and expectations. Love provides needing no accounting for balance due date. It is the thing that makes life so attractive. Beautiful for you, for me, for a mate or for a meal.
Thank you for reading this. Nothing is perfect.