According to “AskMen.com”, the reason you may not have had a date in a while is thanks to the hairstyle you are donning, however the men’s magazine has just revealed the top ten men’s hairstyles women love, which may just set your phone on fire.
The writer of the piece, “Men’s Hairstyles Women Love”, Farah Averill, has put together the best looks for men and recommendations on how to achieve each style, advising the reader what suggestions to bring to the barber and how to style the look afterwards. Let’s not forget many men also visit hairstylists, who are more than adept at achieving the short buzz looks and preferable in creating the longer layered cuts.
The top ten men’s hairstyles women love are below and pictured in the slideshow, with this licensed hairstylist’s professional commentary along with tidbits from the original. It is always recommended to visit a salon or barbershop to recreate these men’s haircuts and never advisable to attempt at home.
- Super Short is a “traditionally masculine” cut, perfect for the wash and wear look with zero maintenance, an ideal haircut for active men and boys.
- Shaggy Layers “suggest he is not uptight”, however, if a straighter look is what you desire, this is not the haircut for wavy to curly hair. It will require maintenance.
- Square Cut or Shape Up is a sleek, clean-cut men’s hairstyle that requires at least a bi-weekly upkeep as this look cuts into the hairline. When the hair grows back, the line will become uneven.
- Front Wave is reminiscent of the “Kennedy era” and oozes sex appeal and suaveness. The look can be varied in lengths with longer hair creating a bigger wave. Longer the hair, more maintenance and product is required, so keep that in mind when asking your licensed professional for this sexy men’s hairstyle that sophisticated women love.
- Slicked Back hair screams “Mad Men” and confidence, but go easy on the pomade, you don’t want this hairstyle to look to greasy or hardened.
- Buzz Cuts embrace the “rough and rawness of U.S. soldiers” that also show off the entire face. It is truly a wash and wear men’s hairstyle, again perfect for active males and boys that mom’s really love.
- Short and Even requires a visit to the salon or barbershop every four to six weeks or sooner for those whose hair grows very fast. Women love this men’s hairstyle due to the “casual, natural look”. “Women appreciate men who are effortlessly well-groomed.”
- Natural Curls beg to have her fingers ran through the hair and combine a “boyish charm with rugged masculinity”. If you are not blessed with natural waves, do not head on over to the salon for a permanent, as they have become very dated.
- Side Part is a “classic look for a fuss-free personality”. Years ago it was suggested that men wear a part on a specific side and women the opposite. Not anymore! The easiest way to find your own natural part is to comb the hair back and see where the part falls, and then even the line up.
- Brushed Forward “has a rebellious, rock-star quality that women under 30 love”. This men’s hairstyle can be worn short or long; however, the longer version does require maintenance, especially if you were not born with straight locks.
To read the original source of “Men’s Hairstyles Women Love”, visit AskMen.com.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com. For more Hair Care advice similar to the above, click subscribe or follow Deirdre on Twitter, like her on Facebook, read her blog or email her any comments or questions.