Spring is here, and I know it doesn’t feel like the season has changed; but my Grandmother used to say “when you want to brighten up start face first”. I am going to do that today with a list of my picks of the ten top eye shadow colors every lady should try for spring to brighten up.
1. Bobbi Brown’s Ultra Violet- This purple is the color of the year; it’s bright, it’s bold you are letting everyone know that you are no wallflower with this color. Your eyelids become a canvas and will do all the talking needed.
2. MAC’s Let Me Pop- Is a light frosted copper that can be worn on lids or just as a liner. It goes on creamy and then dries to a vibrant, intense color. This copper color is a nude without being boring about it.
3. Nars’ China Seas- Is an iridescent turquoise with gold infusion partnered with an iridescent plum. This is a modern take on duo shadows; that has a sweet pastel color combined with a bold. The lady that wears this color is whimsical with a bold flirty streak.
4. Sephora’s Tropical Blue- Is for the cool, confident lady who wants everyone to be aware of the island girl that is lurking inside. The combination of bright green and blue will remind you of the tropical Caribbean waters.
5. Urban Decay’s ABC Gum- Is for the lady who wants to let her pink flag fly. Its suede-like velvety smoothness is cool enough, and has enough pigment to be worn all by itself to make a statement.
6. Cover Girl’s Queen Collection Shimmering Sands- White is a beautiful fresh spring color that anyone can wear, a bright glow of white on the eyes and white one the eyes widen and definitely makes the eyes the center of attention.
7. Shiseido’s Angel is a shimmering blue cream shadow- It’s on my list for 2 reasons; #1- Blue is back with a vengeance it’s not wrong anymore to wear blue shadow- show your inner flower child- #2 I love the name Shiseido.
8. Maybelline Color Tattoo Edgy Emerald- This aqua-teal color is AWESOME! It’s a cream-gel shadow that gives you a shiny metallic that will take you easily from day to night.
9. L’Oreal Paris HIP matte shadow Striking- Is just that striking and not for the faint of heart. Yellow it up across the entire lid and line with the black or just use a triangle of it in the corner. No other words- STRIKING!
10. Face First Pro’s Mirage- Don’t worry you’re imagining the lady who walks into the room wearing this mixture of desert and sea. This shadow is a baked duo that leaves a creamy finish. Of deep turquoise and a light pink combo. It’s innovative, modern, flirty, bold….oh yea- it’s from my very own makeup line- Face First Pro.
There you have it my princess and queens; you want it to be spring bring the weather to you by just adding some fun, flirty colors from some of the best companies and the world can be yours. One more piece of advice when you make those pretty eyes the center of attention; nude down the lips.