Folks in the East Bay are busy and even though they want to eat organic and local, may not have time to stop at a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm or Farmers' Market for their weekly purchase of fruits and vegetables. What's the solution? Direct delivery of affordable CSA farm products to drop-off points in your neighborhood!
The top ten CSA delivery vendors rated for convenience and quality of product in the East Bay are:
- Eat Outside the Box - a bundled CSA serving residents of Walnut Creek, Concord, Danville, and Lafayette with memberships in two farms in Brentwood. Members pick up their shares in Walnut Creek across from Heather Farm and in Lafayette near Celia's. Amazing quality is reported.
- Eatwell Farm - Multiple delivery sites in San Fransisco and the East Bay make it easier for comuters to pick up their produce at work and bring it home.
- Farm Fresh To You - Will make home, office, and restaurant deliveries of 100% certified organic produce. Testimonials rave about the product and they are also located at the Farmers' Market in the Ferry Building.
- Full Belly Farm - Deliveries at points through out the East Bay on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They will also arrange for home delivery for an extra $7.
- Happy Child CSA (Frog Hollow Farm) - Brentwood's Frog Hollow Farm delivers the finest cherries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, apples, pears, and citrus that can be found from local growers in the Bay Area. There are 35 pick-up sites to make it easy.
- Marin Sun Farms - For meat eaters, this CSA offers 6-month and 1-year membership purchases and monthly pick-ups. CSA cuts are described and pick-up locations are listed here.
- Riverdog Farm - Offers a weekly box of seven to nine different items and is ideal for a household of two.
- Shooting Star CSA - The farm is located in Fairfield and delivers a seasonal weekly box program to Berkeley, Oakland, Benicia, and Walnut Creek, plus other Bay Area locales.
- Soul Food Farm - This CSA offers pastured chickens, eggs, and other products such as giblets and livers to various sites in the East Bay.
- Terra Firma Farm - Located in Winters, this farm delivers the first pick of the crops to neighborhood drop sites throughout the East Bay, San Francisco, and Sacramento.
Delivery options, prices, products, and policies vary from farm to farm. Base your decision on the products you want, the quality of service offered, the quality and variety of the products, and the convenience of the pick-up point. Check out Yelp for a review of the various CSA delivery farms to help make your decision.