Florida is known for having outdoor activity permissible weather year round. Tampa locals, and tourists alike, take advantage of the sun on the many courses that draw golfers of all levels from novice to professional. With so many award-winning courses how are visitors choosing which courses to play? The following list, in no particular order, came straight from Tampa Bay locals who were asked to pick their 5 favorite must-play courses. Whether in Tampa for work or pleasure be sure to hit up one of these courses and enjoy some of the best golf Florida has to offer.
1. Innisbrook Golf Resort is home to 4 championship courses, including the Copperhead course rated #6 in Florida, and the annual PGA Tour Valspar Championship and the LPGA’s ISPS Handa Legends Tour Open Championship.
2. World Woods Golf Club hosts the number 1 ranked golf practice and driving range facility in the world. It is home to two world-class courses - the Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks courses. Pine Barrens was ranked #26 by Golf Week and is a must play for any golfer visiting Tampa Bay.
3. Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club has both an 18-hole championship course and a 9-hole executive course, both of which are open to the public. TBGCC is a great place to host golf outings and tournaments, and runs a variety of specials and packages.
4. Pebble Creek Golf Club is a world-class course and local favorite. A scenic Florida landscape, abundance of local wildlife, and updated greens are certain to please players of all levels. PGA Professional lessons available for both groups and individuals.
5. Northdale Golf and Tennis Club is not only a golfer’s dream, but is also a tennis player’s delight. Mother Nature had her hand in the landscaping, plenty of which is untouched, and golfers of all levels will enjoy the challenging, yet forgiving course. Locals have come to know this club, with excellent facilities and top-notch staff, as one of the top places in Tampa for a good Tennis match.