1. The Atlantis Steakhouse is featuring a Shafer Vineyards Wine Dinner on Tuesday, February 25th at 6 pm. They are offering a six course dinner with five wine pairings from Napa's famous Shafer Vineyards The cost is $150 per person. There are hotel packages available starting at $365 for two. You can read the details and the menu at their website.
2. Whispering Vines is offering a tasting of Napa Valley's Robert Foley Wines on Wednesday, February 26th. The cost is $35 and its at their Foothill location.
3. On Thursday, February 27th, Whispering Vines will be offering tastings of South American wines at both locations. The cost is $15.
4. On Friday at their Mayberry location, Whispering Vines will be pouring Quintessa and other Napa wines for a cost of $20.
5. At Total Wine on Friday stop in for 'wines that add pizzazz,' to get some ideas for what to drink while watching the Oscars. The 'red carpet' tastings are from noon to 6 and the cost is free. This tasting is also offered on Saturday from noon to 6pm and Sunday from noon to 4pm.
6. At Ben's Fine Wine and Spirits on South Virginia they will be pouring a Pinot Noir and blend from Sineann Winery out of Oregon. The tasting is from 5pm to 7pm and the cost is $5.
7. For a big variety of wines as well as beers and spirits, the Nugget is hosting Uncorked and Unplugged, a tasting event on Saturday, March 1st from 5pm to 8pm. There will be live music from The Brass Knuckles and hors d'oeuvres will be served. The cost is $45 in advance and $55 at the door. Proceeds benefit the Perry Foundation.