For 20 years Pantone has remained leader and world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems. They are leading the technology of the selection and accurate communication of color across a variety of industries. According executive director Leatrice Eiseman,"This season, consumers are looking for a state of thoughtful, emotional and artistic equilibrium, While this need for stability is reflected in the composition of the palette, the inherent versatility of the individual colors allows for experimentation with new looks and color combinations."
Naming Radiant Orchid as the color of year 2014 here is the full list of Pantone fashion color report Spring 2014.
• Placid Blue, like a picture-perfect, tranquil and reassuring sky, induces a sense of peaceful calmness
• Violet Tulip, a romantic, vintage purple, evokes wistful nostalgia.
• Hemlock, a summery, ornamental green, provides a decorative touch that's very different from the greens of recent seasons.
• Sand, a lightly toasted and amiable neutral, conjures images of the beach and the carefree days of summer.
• Paloma serves as a quintessential neutral, interesting enough to be worn alone or combined with any color for sophisticated poise.
• Cayenne, a high-pitched red, adds a dash of spicy heat to neutrals, and heightens the excitement when mixed with Freesia.
• Freesia, a blazing yellow that is sure to illuminate wardrobes this season. A tropical, floral-inspired shade
• Celosia Orange, an optimistic, spontaneous hue.
• Radiant Orchid, a bold counterpart to Violet Tulip.
• Dazzling Blue,a scintillating, polar opposite to Placid Blue. Surprisingly, these strong, vibrant colors also pair well across the palette: They are perfect companions to pastels, and add confidence and vivacity when mixed with other bold colors.