December 11, 2013
If Christmas carols on the radio and frost on the windowpane haven’t kick-started your holiday spirit, these holiday events around Manhattan are sure to do the trick.
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular: Since 1933, the Rockettes have been spreading holiday cheer with elaborate costumes and endless high-kicks. The 90-minute show is perfect for all ages. Book by Friday to score tickets for as low as $30 with an exclusive Travelzoo sale.
- Ice skating at Rockefeller Center: No New York holiday event is as iconic as the lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. Watch ice skaters glide beneath the towering tree at The Rink at Rockefeller, or hit the ice yourself for $27 (skate rentals are an additional $12). Afterward, browse the Midtown holiday window displays. Central Park also offers ice skating at its rink all winter.
- “A Christmas Story”: The Theater at Madison Square Garden presents this classic Christmas comedy, which earned three 2013 Tony nominations. Tickets through Travelzoo are half off for performances through Dec. 29.
- Christmas markets: Sip a cup of cocoa while browsing crafts, jewelry and favorite baked goods like apple cider donuts. Top holiday markets around Manhattan include ones in Bryant Park, Union Square and Columbus Circle.
- Holiday concerts at the Lincoln Center: The New York Philharmonic will perform three holiday concerts from Dec. 15-21, including Handel’s timeless “Messiah” and a show featuring Tony winner Brian Stokes Mitchell. Get tickets for half off through Travelzoo.
- Santacon: This adults-only bar crawl takes place Saturday, Dec. 14, when hundreds of Santas follow a bar route that’s announced the night before. A suggested donation of $10 goes to local and national charities.