The hottest handbag trends for Spring 2013 include Fendi's geometric colorblock pattern to Dolce and Gabbana's riotous prints, Phillip Lim's updated Pashli satchel to Michael Kors neutral colorblock bags. The oversized handbags are making way for small clutches and structured top handle bags. Here is the lowdown on hottest handbag trends for Spring 2013 that you can afford at any budget!
1.Geometric - The stripes and square patterns is a big trend for handbags this year. The Spring 2013 collections of Louis Vuitton, Marni, Dries Van Noten and Fendi had some really structured, geometric and modern styles. These designer dud will cost major dough, but for a steal try this square pattern bag from Avon or this mod striped wallet by Urban Outfitters
2. Colorblock with neutrals - Colorblock trend was huge in 2012 too, but this year, instead of bright colors, the neutrals are the forefront of colorblocking. We totally fell in love with Fendi Sping 2013 collection at Paris Fashion Week. Chloe and Michael Kors neutral color block bags are a big hit for Spring 2013. For a reasonable price, this Elliot Lucca clutch from Nordstrom and Arabella Duffle Satchel by Ivanka Trump are a good choice
3. Riotous prints and vibrant florals - Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2013 collection has some crazy prints and a bold vibrant colors and Phillip Lim updated his wildly popular Pashli satchel in beautiful floral print. For less expensive alternatives try this colorful floral bag from Tory Burch or cheery poppy printed small purse for Coach for just $48
4. Mixed texture - Another big trend for Spring 2013 are the bags with mixed textures - like raffia accents, canvas trims and cut outs and bags made with pebbled, embossed and perforated leather. Diane von Furstenberg, Alexander Wang and Victoria Beckham showcased some of the most creative mixed textured bags for their Spring 2013 collection. For an affordable option, this Rebecca Minkoff Mac-triangle perforated bag is an excellent choice.
5. Animal prints - A big trend in 2012, the animal prints will continue to excite us in 2013 as well. But instead of huge shoulder bags, this trend is more suitable for small day bags and clutches. The Spring 2013 collections of Dries Van Noten, Salvatore Ferragamo and Lanvin have some buzz worthy bags with jaguar print and snakeskin leather. For an inexpensive option, this snakeskin print bag from Mango makes a good choice.
6. Metallic - Metallics are a major trend for Spring 2013, not only in accessories but clothes and make up as well. Phillp Lim and Bottega Veneta used gold and silver bags in their Spring 2013 collections. For an affordable price, this Kate Spade New York envelope clutch in bright silver makes a good option.
See more Fashion & Style features on NY Style Examiner