The Tampa Bay area is one busy locations all year-round especially when it comes to festivals. You want it, TB has it from jazz and blues fests to seafood and medieval times, there's a festival for everyone in Tampa Bay. Listed below are some of the longest running festivals in the bay area that keep the masses smiling and coming back for more.
1. Clearwater Jazz Holiday - Going strong for 34 years this super music fest features some of the top jazz musicians of all time. Legendary artists such as Buddy Rich, Dave Brubeck, Wood Herman, George Benson and Tony Bennett have graced the stage in Clearwater each year at this electrifying music fest. This years festival is scheduled for October 17-20 at Coachman Park.
2. Safety Harbor Wine Festival - A great way to spend an autumn evening sampling wine from around the world. The tasty fest is in its 12th year and is a hit with wine enthusiasts. Stop by Main Street in downtown Safety Harbor for this free event from 5pm to 11pm on November 2. Enjoy food, live entertainment and arts and crafts while sampling the grapes.
3. Annual Downtown Dunedin Craft Festival - In its 22nd year, this free fest takes place on Main Street in downtown Dunedin - just a short drive from Clearwater - on February 15th and 16th, 2014 from 10am to 5pm. Visitors have plenty of handcrafted items to choose from including jewelry, ceramics, pottery, home decor, artwork and more. Be sure to stop by the Green Market for a variety of food and drinks.
4. Renaissance Festival - Tampa's own tribute to medieval times offers fun, excitement, games, activities, historical reenactments, dancing and more. Celebrating 35 years, this is one of the most interesting festivals you won't want to miss. Step back in time among medieval clad damsels and armored heroes each weekend beginning February 23 through April at the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI.)
5. Tampa Bay Blues Festival - It doesn't get any better than this for blues music fest. Since 1995, the stages set up at Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg have seen and heard legends such as Buddy Guy, Koko Taylor, Delbert McClinton, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Los Lobos, Little Feat and Mavis Staples. This year's festival is set to go for April 11-13, 2014.
This is just a sampling of what you have to look forward to around Tampa Bay. There are other festivals around the area such as the Tampa Bay Beer Week with its September 7th, 2013 Halfway There festival in Ybor City, the 24th Annual Hyde Park Village Art Fair in Tampa October 26-27, and the Safety Harbor Seafood Festival with dates for March 2014 to be announced.
Mark your calendar for one of these fun-filled festivals and enjoy a taste of Tampa Bay.