What are the top five trends to watch for this fall/winter according to the style experts? At behindthechair.com. a website for beauty professionals the top trends share a strong link to the “old Hollywood” glamour. Once again, the silver screen dictates “whats hot” in hair.
1. Taking it short. Celebs that drive hair trends are sporting shorter do’s. Since Katie Holmes took to the short bob more and more celebs are choosing this sassy trend. The “new” short shapes are fashion forward and extremely versatile and can be tailored to any face shape. Pixie cuts are also a great way to start fresh and cut out all the damage.
2. Bangs are back. Want to add instant sex-appeal? According to behind the chair.com “Side-swept or brow-grazing, a bang turns a boring look into something spectacular.” Not feeling it? Try dipping a toe in with a wispy fringe ala Reese Witherspoon.
3. Bye Bye Blonde. Fall brings back the rich tones of the season. Look for deep auburns and vibrant coppers like Amy Adams and Debra Messing. Brunettes are still on trend from their sneek peek this summer. Think deep rich sexy chestnut browns like Katherine Zeta-Jones or Megan Fox.
4. Red Carpet ready. Girls just wanna have fun with “Party” hair. Pump up the volume for a glammed out retro style. Remember Drew Barrymore and Madonna’s larger than life flirty coiff’s. Braids add instant fun and can be added in so many ways. Consider extensions for that sultry, rope braid like Blake Lively at the Emmy’s. Many stars preferred the elegant, ”old Hollywood” classic style sporting simple chignons.
5. For men only. Keeping up with the latest trends is not just for the ladies in the house. According to celebrity stylist and men's hair expert Diana Schmitdke “Hair trends for men are definitely headed in the direction of a more refined ‘old Hollywood’ look. Gel is out and pomades, pastes and putties are in. ” Shows like Mad Men have definitely brought back more groomed hairstyles for men.