Bonaire, Dutch Antilles – Discover the Caribbean’s premier dive and beach resort, Harbour Village Beach Club, on the idyllic island of Bonaire—once again the darling of Scuba Diving magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards
The vibrant undersea landscape surrounding the unspoiled island of Bonaire continues to receive waves of accolades in Scuba Diving magazine’s annual Reader’s Choice Awards. Plan a stay Harbour Village Beach Club, the Caribbean’s premier dive and beach resort, and discover why.
There’s no better way to experience this world-class diving destination then by staying at luxurious Harbour Village Beach Club, a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
What is great about Harbour Village Beach Club
- Onsite First Class 5 Star PADI Dive Center
- Dive sites just off shore
- "Our Confidence,”, is a 60 foot shipwreck just 50 yards out from the beach, a great spot for beginners that can even be seen by snorkelers from the surface.
- "Something Special,” is also a short swim from Harbour Village’s shore.
- Daily boat dives to numerous other sites
- Dive instruction for all levels including
- Advanced certification and specialties available
- Equipment rental for guests
- Florescence night diving, allowing the use of special UV lights to see the astounding array of florescent colors emitted by underwater animals and corals.
- Diving packages for both non-certified and certified divers
- Seven-night stay in the resort’s luxurious rooms or suites include a full American breakfast, airport transfers and unlimited use of the fitness center, tennis courts, and kayaks.
- Unique children's program that lets younger guests experience Bonaire’s undersea wonderland.
- SASY Supplied Air Snorkeling for Youth (ages 5+),
- Bubble Maker (ages 8+),
- Youth Dive instruction and certification program (ages 10+).
Harbour Village’s luxurious accommodations are situated just a few steps away from the beach and feature opulent décor and thoughtful details like secluded lanais and double hammocks. The resort is also home to the acclaimed La Balandra Restaurant and Bar, which gives the sensation of sailing into the Caribbean seascape with a dining deck located on a jetty extending out to sea, as well as The Spa at Harbour Village Beach Club. The spa offers a full menu of professional reflexology, aromatherapy and therapeutic massage, along with facial and salon treatments using Pevonia Botanica spa products. A private cascade pool and pool deck offer a tranquil retreat before or after a treatment.
In addition to being named Best Overall Dive Destination by Scuba Diving Magazine's Reader's Choice Awards, Bonaire has been designated as having the most pristine coral reef environment and most species of fish in the Caribbean by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Due to Bonaire's leeward location outside of the hurricane belt, and its consistently pleasant climate, crystal-clear visibility prevails at any depth, giving an enthralling view of the robust underwater life.
For the Readers’ Choice Awards, thousands of Scuba Diving subscribers and web users rated their dive experiences on a scale of one to five. Results of the 2013 Awards are featured in the January/February 2013 issue of Scuba Diving magazine.
Stay at Harbour Village and See Why Bonaire Continues to Net Top Dive Destination Honors
Located eighty-six miles east of Aruba, the island of Bonaire offers year round sunshine, low annual rainfall, and has been designated as having the most pristine coral reef environment and most species of fish in the Caribbean by the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration. The Reef Environmental Education Foundation lists eight out of almost 90 of Bonaire's dive sites in their top 10 in terms of species richness in the Caribbean -- abundant underwater life includes more than 300 species of tropical fish and over 120 different types of coral. The island is able to maintain this environment and receive awards for Bonaire diving year after year because its surrounding waters have been protected as the Bonaire National Marine Park for over 30 years.