Everyone who has ever visited the Walt Disney World resorts have discovered their own ways to make their trips magical. Many seasoned Disney visitors love to share their enthusiasm and excitement with others who are making plans to visit the Disney resorts and theme parks. After surveying a group of Disney fanatics and visitors at the theme parks, we have compiled a list of the top Walt Disney World vacation tips.
Because Disney World fans have such great tips and lots of advice, the list will be divided up into a series of articles. However, to help those of you starting your vacation planning now, here is a condensed list of some of the top Disney travel tips from fans, vacation goers and Orlando area locals.
- Magic Kingdom: Avoid the stand-by line for Peter Pan’s Flight. Get a FastPass.
- Magic Kingdom: Instead of taking your family picture smack dab in front of Cinderella’s Castle, take a walk around the backside for a unique and much prettier view of the castle.
- Magic Kingdom: Best places to watch Wishes is at Casey’s Corner. Avoid watching the fireworks show close to the castle because you will miss a lot of the excitement.
- Epcot: The best viewing spot for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is between the two gift shops just as you enter the World Showcase from Future World. Other great spots include Italy, behind the Rose and Drown Pub and on the bridge between the United Kingdom and France.
- All: Have a rough plan of which attractions you will want to visit first. Try to visit the most popular attractions immediately upon arrival include: Toy Story Mania at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Test Track and Soarin’ at Epcot, Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and any of the mountain rides and Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom.
- Electric Water Pageant: An unpublicized light parade on the waters of Bay Lake, the Electric Water Pageant has been entertaining guests visiting the Magic Kingdom and area resorts since 1971. Show times are 9 p.m. at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, 9:15 p.m. at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, 9:30 p.m. at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, 9:45 p.m. at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground and 10 p.m. at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Magic Kingdom fireworks: The best locations to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks outside of the park include the just to the right of the ferry launch at the Ticket and Transportation Center and the beach at Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort: Get the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream…trust me…just get one!
- Special occasion buttons: Stop by guests services to pick up a button to announce that you are celebrating at the Walt Disney World Resorts. Celebration pins include birthdays, first visits, anniversaries and honeymoons.
- WiFi: Take advantage of free WiFi which is now available across all of Disney World’s theme parks and resorts.
These tips do not even scratch the surface of the Disney World travel tips I have collected from fans, visitors and personal experiences. Check back regularly because I will be posting more travel tip articles over the next few weeks.
Keep in mind that not every tip with work for everyone. The tips you choose to use will depend upon your upcoming Disney vacation plans and who will be traveling with you.
For more on the latest Disney travel ideas, tips, reviews and news visit my Facebook page and give it a “Like” - WDW Travel Examiner - or follow me on twitter @WDWTravelExam. You can also “Subscribe” to my Examiner.com page by clicking the button near the top of the page.