One of the most poplar attractions at the Walt Disney World Resorts is Pirates of the Caribbean. However, Disney has made it possible for fans to experience the pirate life in more locations than just the Magic Kingdom. The next time you are planning a Disney getaway, make it a themed vacation that will help bring out your inner pirate.
Here are some pirate themed activities and attractions that even Jack Sparrow would love to experience:
- Pirates of the Caribbean at the Magic Kingdom: This attraction is located in Adventureland, which is often referred to as the “pirate central” of Disney World. This water attraction will take you on a slow adventure through the Caribbean where Jack Sparrow and other pirates pillage and plunder.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: This resort offers pirate themed accommodations, including pirate beds and swashbuckling décor. These rooms go quick, so make sure to make your reservations for your Pirate cabin as soon as you decide to visit Disney World for vacation.
- Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial: You will definitely be one of the crew after taking this tutorial. Guests will learn how to walk and talk like a real pirate, including Sword Fighting 101. Classes are available at different times throughout the day and take place just outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at the Magic Kingdom.
- Pirate’s League: Get your swashbuckling makeover at the Pirate’s League. Makeovers include bandana, sword and pirate-themed choices, such as tattoos, earrings and more. Costs start at $29.95 and up. Theme park admission is required. Pirate’s League is located in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom, just outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction’s entrance.
- Meet the pirates: Just like character meet and greets, guests will have a chance to meet with Jack Sparrow and other crew mates throughout the day. Pirate meet and greets occur throughout the day in Adventureland. Another great pirate meet and greet opportunity is Captain Hook, who can be found with Peter Pan just outside of Peter Pan’s Flight.
- Peter Pan’s Flight: A popular attraction in the Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland, Peter Pan’s Flight will take you over the city of London in a pirate ship with Peter Pan.
- Shopping: Pick up your pirate merchandise at the World of Disney at Downtown Disney’s Marketplace. This store has everything from swords, clothing, gems and costumes that every pirate is sure to love.
Hopefully these tips help you plan your next Walt Disney World vacation with a little bit more pirate in the mix!
Yo-ho-yo-ho, a pirate’s life for me!