There is more to the Walt Disney World Resorts than just Mickey Mouse and princesses. Many of the parks and resorts offer out-of-this-world shopping, dining, rides and entertainment that will make any Star Wars fan feel giddy. Just proof that there is plenty to do and experience at Disney, even for a Wookie.
Here is a list of Star Wars-themed experiences at Disney World:
- Star Tours - The Adventures Continue: No visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studio is complete without a ride of Star Tours. This 3D simulated attraction will transport you to a galaxy far, far away.
- Jedi Training Academy: Learn how to fight with a lightsaber and come face-to-face with Darth Vader.
- Build a lightsaber: Visit Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney’s Marketplace and you will be able to build your very own lightsaber from scratch.
- Shopping: Star Wars fans can purchase a variety of themed merchandise and memorabilia, including mini collectible figures, Vinylmations, pins, Darth Tater, animated Disney character plush in Star Wars gear, artwork, prints, clothing, costumes and accessories. Star Wars merchandise can be found at the World of Disney and Once Upon a Toy located at the Downtown Disney Marketplace and Tatooine Traders located just outside of Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Other locations throughout the resorts and theme parks may have a limited collection of Star Wars themed merchandise.
- Star Wars Weekends: Get one with the force during Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in late May and early June.
Hopefully these tips help you plan your next Disney vacation, with a little bit more Star Wars added to the fun and excitement. May the Force be with you! And Happy vacationing!