Holiday gifting giving can be meaningful and last a lifetime with a little thought and effort give the gifts that keep on giving this season. Here is a list of some holiday gift ideas for the holidays that can have a life lasting impact on those in need for the holiday.
- Art-shop your local art galleries and support local artists
- Monetary Gifts -Write a check or donate cash to your charity of choice for example Food banks, children's groups, government or global organizations and religious groups.
- Food Gifts -Partner with co-workers or friends to put together a hamper for a family in need.
- Overseas Gifts -Put together a shoebox of items that will be shipped overseas to underprivileged children or donate money to an organization that targets third-world countries.
- Gift of Time-Donate a few hours of your time during the holiday season to your local shelter, soup kitchen or charity
- Second-hand Gifts-Used clothing, appliances, linens and housewares can make good charitable gifts. Second-hand shops, government-run organizations and religious groups gladly accept donations of gently-used goods and items.
- Sustainable Gifts-Wildlife adoption gifts, rainforest acres, farm animals and clean water systems are all great options for a sustainable charitable gift.