CEW has exciting news for all beauty enthusiasts out there who want to stay abreast of the hottest cosmetic trends and most innovative beauty products! As CEW prepares for its annual Beauty Awards on Friday, April 4, 2014 and diligently vets each product, read further to find out this year’s leading beauty innovations.
Here are some of this year’s top trends:
TREND #1 – GET MASKED: Masks and peels saw a 66% sales jump in prestige outlets in 2013 and helped meet consumers’ need for immediate results.
Product Entries: Anti-Aging Mass
- Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask: 10-minute gentle facial mask with Vitamin C.
Product Entries: Anti-Aging Prestige
- Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Mask: 15-minute detoxifying mask.
- Revive Skincare Glycolic Renewal Peel Professional System: professional 2-step peel system for at-home use with no downtime.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask: overnight treatment designed to give noticeable results quickly.
- ZO Medical Invisapeel Intensive Resurfacing Peel: Uses an enzymatic process to renew the epidermis.
- Skyn Iceland Fresh Start Mask: 10-minute weekly treatment polishes and re-texturizes skin.
TREND #2 – BUZZ WORDS: GENTLE, OIL-BASED. This year exfoliation is taking a back seat to facial cleansers that treat skin gently. Oils, gentle gels and hydrating cleansers were the stars in 2013.
Facial Cleanser Product Entries:
- Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil: A gentle cleansing oil for the face and eye area formulated with pure lily extract.
- Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil: This antioxidant-rich cleanser aims to dissolve makeup, dirt and excess oil without over-drying.
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser: Uses a polyglycerin formula; fragrance free and ideal for dry, sensitive skin.
- Shiseido Cosmetics America Ibuki Gentle Cleanser: An ultra-gentle cleanser for the younger consumer.
TREND #3 – SIZE MATTERS: The mass market was inundated with volume-driven mascaras in 2013, showing that thicker lashes are this years’ must-have.
Product Entries: Eye Product Mass
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara: Butterfly Brush extends and lifts outer corner lashes; designed to deliver 6X the volume.
- Maybelline New York Volum’express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara: Patented spoon brush and pro-keratin fiber formula aims to build 8X more volume without clumping.
- CoverGirl Bombshell by Lashblast Mascara: Mega volume and dark intensity in one mascara for an over the top bombshell look.
TREND #4 – ART INSPIRED EYES: Beauty companies took an artistic cue by using tints, washes and pigments in their eye formulas in 2013.
Product Entries: Eye Product Prestige
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen in Blacquer: liquid eyeliner inspired by a calligraphy pen.
- Classic Cosmetics Jelly Eye Shadow: These jelly inspired shadows are cool to the touch and have a sponge-like texture.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes: Sheer, creamy color for eyes that never needs sharpening.
- Jouer Cosmetics Crème Eyeshadow Crayon: Effortless application in a fast-drying formula with a built-in sharpener.
- L’Oreal USA Luxe Em Michelle Phan Waterline Intense Color: Richly pigmented liner with long staying power.
- Lancôme Artliner 24h Bold Color Precision Eyeliner: With its precision-tip foam applicator, a liquid eyeliner that lasts 24 hours.
TREND #5 – ALL ABOUT CC: CC Creams upped the ante in the alphabet soup of skin care with new tints, sticks and sprays.
Product Entries: Face Product
- Ready To Wear Beauty CC Foundation Color Correcting Stick: uses an anti-aging, lightweight formula to conceal imperfections, and reduce the look of fine lines.
- Per-fekt Skin Perfection CC Crème: silky-smooth color-correcting gel that protects and covers the skin.
- Cover FX CC Cream Time Release Tinted Treatment: color and complexion correcting cream with clinically-tested anti-aging results.
- Dior Airflash CC Primer Radiance Boosting Color: spray that evenly delivers a lightweight mist with Photo-Smart Pigments to color correct imperfections and even out skintone.
- Kate Somerville Illuminate CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF: A multifunctional tinted complexion correcting cream.
TREND #6 – ANTI-AGING HAIR CARE: Fighting the signs of aging moved from skin into hair care with creams, serums and even a color made with anti-aging formulas.
Product Entries: Hair Care/Hair Coloring
- L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hair Care Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing: L’Oreal set out to change consumers’ hair care regimens by stating that care was as important as cleansing and conditioning.
- Pantene Repair & Protect Overnight Miracle Cream: Overnight treatment gives hair a wake-up call and won’t leave a residue on your pillow.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Root Resilience Anti-Aging Scalp Serum: Stimulates the scalp to promote healthy hair.
- Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir: Helps rebuild hair’s strength by reducing breakage in just seven days.
- Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-aging Permanent Liquid: AGEbeautiful crème developer is gentle developer for use with AGEbeautiful permanent haircolor.
TREND #7 – COLOR RETURNS TO LIPCOLOR: Glosses and shines were overpowered by deep lip hues with rich, buildable staying power.
Product Entries: Lip Product Mass
- Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede: Buildable lip color that lasts for 16 hours.
Product Entries: Lip Product Prestige
- Givenchy Le Rouge: Rich semi-matte lipstick and leather accessory in one.
- Cle de Peau Beaute Extra Rich Lipstick: Creamy, rich-textured lipstick that also provides smoothing moisture.
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick: Delivers pigment-rich, long-lasting color plus creamy shine.
TREND #8 - PROFESSIONAL LINES: Products from industry experts are on an upswing, fueled by consumers seeking credibility from their beauty formulas. “Professionals” range from brands by doctors to items by beauty veterans.
Indie Brand Product Entries:
- 7*Days Of Wonder: anti-aging, created by Suzanne Grayson, CEO Grayson Associates LLC. Rotation Skin Therapy set of 7 multi-benefit, Monday-Sunday daily formulas, targets all 27 visible signs of aging.
- Turo Skin: Formulated by a board-certified plastic surgeon, this is a multi-beneﬁcial, simpliﬁed skin care system tailored for the personal care needs of men.
- Replere by Dr. Debbie Palmer: Clinically proven, natural antioxidant skincare line developed by dermatologist Dr. Debbie Palmer to reverse aging and restore radiance.
- Resvology: Based on a decade of NIH medical research, Park City born Resvology is the only skincare with the multi-patented, anti-aging power of 4-AR Molecule™.
- Nazelie Skincare: Created by a dermatologist. Sophisticated handmade formulas revitalize the most challenged skin. Natural, nontoxic, no preservatives.
- Stemulation Luxury Skin Care: The only luxury skincare to use advanced stem cell technology to provide the ultimate rejuvenating results. It works where the damage happens first.
- BeautyRx Skincare by Dr. Schultz: The hard-hitting skincare line by Park Avenue dermatologist Dr. Neal Schultz, based around best-in-class glycolic exfoliants.
- GOLDFADEN MD: First dermatologist developed natural skincare brand utilizing active plant cells and anti-oxidant rich botanicals.