November 19, 2009
- Resting metabolic rate. This number dictates how many calories an individual would have to consume daily to maintain/gain lean muscle tissue or lose weight.
- Body composition. Many individuals who try to lose weight are focused on the scale. However, permanent weight loss comes from appropriate body composition.
- Compound movements vs. Isolation movements. True isolation is a physical impossibility. In addition energy depletion through muscle performance causes fat tissue to be mobilized as energy. Compound movements cause much greater energy depletion than do isolation movements
- Cardio. Cardio alone can cause the body to gain fat by catabolizing muscle for energy repletion. In addition, there are different applications for cardio. It is not one size fits all.
- Carbohydrates. The human body requires approximately 150 grams of carbs per day just to perform daily function. Carbohydrates also play a vital role in restoring muscle energy stores.
- Rep Ranges. Making the choice between 6 or 25 reps per set is crucial to your goals.
- Stabilizers. Proper attention must be paid to the stablizers in order for there to be proper development of the major muscles.
- Insulin. It is crucial to know what Insulin does. How regulates blood sugar and how that fits into your fitness program.
****It's not rocket science, but being healthy and fit long term is specific and requires an education. Contact your health professional today and schedule an evaluation. www.tailoredfitcincy.com