1. Off from school on holiday vacation, teens have more hours to devote to part-time or flexible work.
2. Holiday employment offers a teen an opportunity to earn money, responsibility, and learn about the world of work—without the burden of school. And, it’s a great way to get introduced to the workplace.
3. Developing accountability, good work skills, self-confidence, and the value of money are some of the many rewards that can come from teen holiday employment.
4. Teens WANT to work! 80% of teens 14 and older want a job because they need the money! And, there are NO restrictions on the number of hours or types of jobs adult teens (18-19) can work.
5. Earning money will enable a teen to buy things they need or want and will provide an opportunity for learning responsible money management.
6. Learning to be resourceful at a young age can last a lifetime.
7. Employers remember, you’ll be grooming your future workers.
Want to know where teens are hanging out? Visit Teens4Hire.org