Mexico has had a difficult time lately, as has other venues for travel (such as cruising). But the experienced traveler is aware that most incidents are isolated or require you to be a smart traveler.
There are indications on the horizon that Mexico is finally making a come-back and they are sorely missed. Mexico has some of the most beautiful beaches, rivers and mountains and a people that make you feel welcome. What are those indications?
- MLT Vacations is reporting that some areas of Mexico are up almost 50 percent for 2013 bookings - and they partner with about 47 percent of the US and Canada's flights to mexico.
- Mexico opened it's doors through a recent event, 'ATMEX' where over 200 travel agents from around the world were invited to experience some of the unique AND safe offerings in the Veracruz, gulf area. A location quickly accessible by Texas travelers.
- Riviera Nayarit achieves Virtuoso status. If you aren't sure what this means - it means Riviera Nayarit is considered a high-end product worth spotlighting as a new destination.
- Mexico recieves "Tourism Board of the Year' Award. Mexico Secretary of Tourism, Gloria Buevara Manzano received the prize at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. They were recognized for 'the work performed and...partnerships with major travel agents worldwide.
- For the last several years, Mexico has either received an award or been nominated by the World Travel Awards for:
- Leading Beach
- Leading Tourist Board
- Leading Beach Destination
- Condé Nast Traveler 2011 Readers' Choice Awards lists Mexico's top cities, resorts and cities.
- Because we miss them!
If you don't want to take everyone else's word for it - it's time to check out Mexico again yourself.