Check out the below five books to find out what are some of the top Western books being read in Tucson. If you have not read them, then you might enjoy checking them out. The list is based on the most checked out books at the Woods Memorial Branch Library.
1. Copper Canyon Killers by J.R. Roberts - This is book 390 in the Gunsmith series featuring the main character Clint Adams (i.e. Gunsmith). In this book, when Clint Adams rides through Copper Canyon, Wyoming, a man is murdered and Big Al Henry enlists him to help prove the innocence of Big Al's son, who the town judge is hell-bent on convicting for the murder. At the same time, he must deal with the danger of the real killers still being around.
2. Missouri! by Dana Fuller Ross - This is the 14th book in the Wagons West series, which features the adventures of the Holt family. This book is about Toby Holt, a young army cadet Hank Blake, and Chief Running Bear taking on outlaws and indians that threaten those making the journey west beginning in Missouri.
3. Dark Horses by Ralph W. Cotton - This book is part of the Ralph Cotton Western series. In this book, Will Summers heads to Dark Horses, Mexico, to deliver horses, but ends up in trouble being thought to be a horse thief. He is saved by the wife of the man he is delivering horses to, but that his troubles continue as it leads to a shootout.
4. Apache Rifles by Kit Dalton - This is book 28 in the Buckskin series, which features the adventures of the cowboy Buckskin Lee Morgan. This book is about going on a quest on an Apache trail that ends up involving some scalpings and a beautiful Native American girl.
5. Death Draw by Kit Dalton - This is book 32 in the Buckskin series, which features the adventures of the cowboy Buckskin Lee Morgan. In this book, Lee Morgan ends up in a lot of trouble due to a dying woman's last request.