There are many gifts floating around out there that would "suffice" for Valentines Day. But to truly make her smile, guys, use your creativity in ways that astound!
Boring gift cards, teddy bears, posies and chocolates are very nice. Today's high tech society and woman demands a more thought-provoking topic of gift discussion for her chatty kathys at work. And yes, your lame gift WILL be the topic of discussion!
So how can you make her truly smile on this 2014 Valentines Day? Here are 5 of the most sure-fire gifts you can give:
1. Expensive perfume. When it comes to a woman's fragrance, there is no room for error! The word "expensive" is used, because it has to be. You get what you pay for. Some of the most luxurious fragrances on Earth cannot be purchased at Walmart or Kohl's. Also, stay away from the "celebrity fragrances." Entertainers should just keep entertaining. Suggestions are: Bond No.9 (Madison Square Park), Michael Kors GLAM, Balenciaga.
2. Spa Package. Sorry guys, but you will have to perform your due diligence and actually research the spas in your community. Check the ratings on websites such as Yelp and Travel Advisor, to get reviews from current and past clients. Splurge! Don't just get a $19 nail gift card! Get her a full spa package, which will usually set you back about $150. C'mon! It's only once a year!
3. Luxury Lunch. Girls love to feel special. Purchase a gift certificate, card or voucher (whatever the restaurant offers) and make sure that it is at least $75. Why so much? Because feeling special is nice, but its pretty lame if she doesn't have anyone to share it with! Give her the luxury lunch and tell her that its for her and her best friend to enjoy. She has to have braggin' rights. It's okay though, she's braggin' about you!
4. Personalized Video. This one requires some thought and time, but if you can pull it off, you'll make her happier than a pageant queen with an unlimited credit card. Girls, for the most part, enjoy mushy love stuff. Post a video on YouTube or Vimeo and dedicate it to her. Send her the link in her Valentines Day e-card, with all your mushy love words in it. Home run!
5. The "rest yourself" gift. This gift is to be given in conjunction with one of those listed above. Though it may seem small, today's busy woman appreciates any gesture that tells her she has free time. Hire a maid service to clean the house. Go take her car and get it washed and waxed. Purchase a gourmet dinner and have it delivered (not pizza). This is a gift that is much appreciated, after a long work week.
Happy Valentines Day to all!