While it's tough for us Chicagoans to believe, Summer is just around the corner and Turks & Caicos is a top family-friendly destination that offers more than just the beautiful white sand beaches and crystal clear turquoise water. Picture tropical drinks, an oasis of relaxation and the choice to do as little or as much as desired. The popular island of Providenciales is crowd-free and boasts budget-friendly accommodations including top family-friendly resort destination,Ocean Club Resorts. The resort destination welcomes families to enjoy all that “Provo” has to offer this summer and has compiled five reasons why Turks & Caicos is the best Caribbean family beach destination.
1. 1. EASY TO GET TO: Providenciales, a top choice for U.S. and Canadian travelers, is only a hop, skip and a jump away frommost major U.S. and Canadian gateway cities, including Miami, New York, Boston, Charlotte, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Toronto and Montreal, just to name a few. And within 30 minutes of stepping off the plane, families can be on the beach – talk about instant gratification.
3. 2. EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS: The resort is offering limited-time savings of up to 30 percent for all travelers who book by July 15, 2014. Nightly rates start at $229 per night based on double occupancy in a studio suite at Ocean Club and $239 per night based on double occupancy in a studio suite at Ocean Club West, now through December 20, 2014. Additionally, the resort has started a 24-hour flash sale every Tuesday starting at noon where the resort offers one amazing deal that lasts 24 hours only. Travelers can use offer code 24TUES and can stay up-to-date on all weekly flash sales by connecting with the resort’s social media platforms including Facebook atwww.facebook.com/OceanClubResorts and on Twitter @OceanClubResort.
3) 3. FAMILY-FRIENDLY: Comfort is key, especially when traveling with the whole family. That’s why Ocean Club Resorts, comprised of two all-suite properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, is the perfect home away from home. Enjoy spacious accommodations ranging from studios to three-bedroom suites and each suite features washers and dryers as well as full kitchens and kitchenettes. Pack lighter and enjoy the option of saving money and preparing some meals in-suite with a grocery store, Graceway Grocery, located within walking distance of both resorts. Don’t forget to check out the gas grills located around the pool for an option of grilling out one day or night.
4) 4. JOJO THE DOLPHIN: Kids can keep an eye-out for the island mascot, JoJo the dolphin, who is an extremely rare dolphin that voluntarily interacts with humans in his own natural ocean environment. JoJo is around all the Islands almost daily, following boats and can be seen swimming in and around the waters of Grace Bay Beach. If lucky enough to catch a glimpse of this island celebrity, kids should “check” it off their SeaFari checklist. The SeaFari program teaches children about the resort’s endeavors to cultivate the presence of wildlife and educates them about native plants, invertebrates, reptiles and birds found at both resort properties. Not only will kids get the chance to become a Green, Junior or Master Explorer, but also, more importantly, they will come away from their Ocean Club Resorts vacation understanding that there is more to paradise than superb swimming pools, pristine white beaches and sand castle.
5. DO AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU DESIRE: For those families whose idea of letting loose and de-stressing is through exploration and adventure, many activities are available through the resort’s excursion concierge partners: Provo Turtle Divers, on-site at Ocean Club; and Silver Deep, on-site at Ocean Club West. From windsurfing, private boat trips on catamarans, sailing and powerboats to kayaking voyages, snorkeling, diving, fishing and more, travelers are bound to find a limitless array of excursions that will complement any Ocean Club Resorts beach vacation. Families can also get fit together through one of the newest fitness trends hitting the market today: stand-up paddleboard yoga, where the ocean takes the place of a yoga mat. Reserve a session with Water Play Provo, conveniently located in front of Ocean Club on Grace Bay Beach. Of course there is always the option to just kick back and relax under one of the resort’s signature pink umbrellas while enjoying the 12-mile stretch of white sand along Grace Bay Beach. The resort has even created a list of ways guests can participate in doing “nothing at all”, without feeling guilty.
Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located less than one mile apart and situated on the most pristine part of Grace Bay Beach, invite travelers to enjoy two resorts for the price of one with the “Stay at One, Play at Both” policy where guests can enjoy all of the services and amenities of both resorts. Ideal for families, couples and multigenerational groups, each Ocean Club Resorts suite offers a fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette and most suites feature a washer and dryer. Both resorts offer complimentary bikes, fitness centers, swimming pools, tennis courts and tennis equipment. Ocean Club is adjacent to the Provo Golf Club, while Ocean Club West is a conveniently located walking distance to local boutiques, restaurants and a grocery store.
For reservations or additional information, contact Ocean Club Resorts U.S. reservations line directly at 800-457-8787. Fans can “like” the resort on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/OceanClubResorts or follow on Twitter @OceanClubResort.
Ocean Club Resorts
Named among Travel + Leisure’s Top 500 Best Hotels in the World list, Ocean Club Resorts was also further praised by T+L by being named the top hotel for location in the Caribbean and recently recognized among the Top Ten Best Family Hotels in the Caribbean in the 2013 World’s Best Awards listing. Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two all-suite properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located just one mile apart and facing exquisite Grace Bay Beach. Ocean Club Resorts features a “Stay at One, Play at Both” policy. With reciprocal charging, guests staying at Ocean Club can enjoy all of the services and amenities of Ocean Club West and vice versa. Guests can indulge in spa treatments, sailing, snorkeling, diving, fishing, parasailing or golf. Of course, there is always the option of just relaxing under one of Ocean Club’s signature pink beach umbrellas with a good book. For reservations and information please contact Ocean Club Resorts U.S. Reservations directly at (800) 457-8787 or visit www.oceanclubresorts.com.