When it comes to purchasing a new or used car, there are a number of attributes typically considered, including cost, color, fuel economy, exterior and interior build quality and styling. However, one of the more important traits of a new or used vehicle is, and has always been reliability. After all, no one wants to be stranded on the side of the road with a broken down vehicle, especially during the colder undesirable months.
To assist in your car buying process, please see below for the top 5 most reliable used cars on the road today:
1. Toyota Prius – Boasting an impressive 40-50 mpg average, the Prius has been one of the most desirable electric vehicles since first introduction to the US in 2000. Upon its redesign in 2003, it quickly became the car that everyone needed to drive. Comfort and fuel economy are desirable features of the Toyota Prius, but now, reliability is added to that list as over they have proven to stand the test of time as well. “The Toyota Prius was a game changing car for its time. Everyone wanted one! Today, there is a wide selection of quality used Toyota Pruis vehicles on the market at a great deal, and they are still as popular and efficient as ever.” Notes Mike Carson with Carson Cars , located in Everett, WA.
2. Honda Civic – The Honda Civic has consistently been a popular vehicle amongst drivers both young and old due to their ultimate reliability and affordability. Honda continues to please with sporty redesigns every few years, and updates to interior build quality and safety features that appeal to all demographics both young and old.
3. Ford Ranger – The Ford Ranger is considered the “go to” truck when it comes to affordability and towing capacity for its size. Despite the overall size of the Ranger, it offers plenty of interior room, a comfortable driving experience, and is reliable. Unfortunately, Ford has discontinued the Ford Ranger as of recently, but you can certainly still find excellent used Rangers on the market.
4. Hyundai Sonata – One of the more competitive midsize sedans, the Hyundai Sonata offers luxury design, efficient power train, and is incredibly reliable. The Sonata has scored the highest possible ratings for its exceptional safety features from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety. Hyundai first debuted the hybrid Sonata in 2011 to offer a more fuel efficient option to the already popular model.
5. Lexus RX – A midsize luxury SUV, the Lexus RX model is credited for its handling capability in all types of road conditions and terrains. In 2004, the RX was named the most appealing luxury SUV by JD Power and Associates, and was voted the Best Overall Value.
Carson Cars, a family owned and operated dealership, has been in business since 1968 and was voted in 2011, 2012, and 2013 as the Best Independent Car Dealer of Western Washington.