Here's a roundup of the top weight loss stories that affected Los Angelenos this week:
- Expert panel endorses junk food tax to fight childhood obesity
- BMI may not be best way to measure obesity in the elderly
- People should avoid outdoor exercise in LA fire zones
- Obese teenagers more likely to have heart attacks later in life
- Sugar substitutes help people maintain weight loss
If you'd like to announce your Los Angeles-area fitness events or weight loss news on LA Weight Loss Examiner, send info at least 10 days in advance to the email under my bio. While you're there, sign up for my emails and follow me on Twitter @LAExaminer.