There are many places to hear live music in Los Angeles but sometimes it's difficult to choose the best locations for the preferred style. Here are the best places to hear acoustic music in the city.
1. Largo at the Coronet - This venue is reminiscent of an old elementary school auditorium which adds to the retro ambiance of the place. The art decorations are unique and there is a bar as well. Comedians also perform here.
2. UnUrban - Tucked away in a little corner on Pico, this coffee shop is a wonderful place for different entertainment. They host poetry, open mics, writer nights and political discussions. For acoustic music, the stage is perfect and the sound man, Matthew, knows how to fit the sound to the space. It's a cozy place to enjoy some fresh tunes and hot drinks (as well as food).
3. Cahuenga General Store (aka Hallenbeck’s) - This venue has tradition and character. It's known for acoustic music and charm. The environment is like an old country store.
4. Genghis Cohen- As a Chinese restaurant and music venue, this place is unique. The music room is cozy and hip. They host writer competitions and acoustic music nights. It's a great place to grab a meal and a drink at the bar or to eat and drink inside the music room as well.
5. Room 5 Lounge is above Amalfi restaurant and has a little stage for performing. The atmosphere is relaxed and cool. The acoustics are good and the location is central.
Enjoy some music in the city of angels.