London reverberates with a melange of scintillating sites with the London Holiday Apartments situated in close proximity to these places. So when putting up at the vacation rentals, do not miss out on the Tower of London, the London Eye, The Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and the Leed’s Castle.
So, you are going crazy with the question as to where to book your London Holiday Apartments on your vacation to this scintillating city of the United Kingdom. London is pulsating with life brimming as it is with magnificent museums and monuments, lush gardens and throbbing nightlife. You will find no nook or corner in the city that fails to amuse you to the core. Whether it is the bustling Notting Hill area or the sassy Trafalgar Square, you are sure to be bowled over by the number of attractions or the equally fascinating London luxury vacation rentals available in the city. Here are the top 5 places you cannot afford to miss out on your London vacation.
- Westminster Abbey: The exquisite architecture of Westminster Abbey along with its significance as the site for coronation of the British monarch makes this Gothic church a must-visit place in London. The Gothic sculpture and designs are impeccable dating back to the 13th century when the present structure was built in the place of an old abbey. The abbey shelters the tombs of famous personalities like Elizabeth I, Mary Queen of Scots and Henry III along with housing the Poet’s Corner and the grand Coronation Chair. The recent Royal betrothal of Prince William and Catherine Middleton at the Abbey added another significant event to its list of royal escapades.
- Tower of London: The Tower of London reverberates in its cornucopia of historic drama, the site which saw many a royal deaths and was a prison at one point of time. Princess Elizabeth found herself a prisoner in the Tower and Edward IV witnessed his sons’ assassinations amidst the “Bloody Tower”. However, the most captivating sight in the Tower of London remains the “Crown Jewels” which comprise a repertoire of ornaments and crowns used during coronation.
- Buckingham Palace: No trip to London would be complete without a sojourn to the famous Buckingham Palace- the seat of British sovereignty since 1837. Visitors to the Palace can take strolls through the majestic State Rooms which exhibits a cauldron of royal treasures including delightful paintings by Rubens, Rembrandt and Canaletto. If you happen to be her between the months of May and July do not miss out on the Changing of the Guard Ceremony held at the Forecourt of Buckingham Palace.
- Leed’s Castle: A visit to the grand Norman castle Leed’s Castle is something you cannot miss out to include in your itinerary on your London vacation. A breathtaking sight of the stunning castle and the serene surroundings is surely a sight to behold. If you are an adventure aficionado you bet you can indulge in a whole lot of them here. Get aboard the hot air balloon, undertake tree-top adventures and relax post activities by sipping on some hot tea amidst the lush gardens.
- London Eye: Hit the London Eye at night and you will understand what makes this site one of the most captivating attractions of the city. The giant wheel standing at a whopping 135 meters height gives you a panoramic view of the central city and the River Thames along which it is nestled. Night views are simply mesmerizing as you remain seated amidst one of 32 glass-walled capsule carriers and glimpse at the city sparkling in glory with resplendent illuminations.
When you have booked your London Vacation Rentals at one of the major locations of the city, get ready to scour the city’s treasures in all their charm and beauty.