Ever walked into a bar to see your favorite band, only to pay an arm and a leg for a drink? What about dressing up for a lovely evening only to find it's a leather-and-lace crowd tonight? Worry no more; here are the top 5 live music venues in Evansville.
1. Fast Eddy's - Considered one of Evansville's best party bars, Fast Eddy's has it all; spacious dance floor, multiple drink bars, pool tables, outdoor patio, and amazing burgers! (Who doesn't love a good burger after a day of drinking?) The entertainment is packed full with karaoke on Wednesdays, Eddy's famous "Thong Thursdays", and live music throughout the weekend, as well as various other promotions. The stage has great lighting and the sound system brings the thunder; Lookin' for that good-time party bar? Fast Eddy's is it!
2. Hoosiers Lounge - Nestled within Casino Aztar, Hoosiers Lounge offers anything from local cover bands to travelling national acts. While the bands normally are aimed at the older crowd, music lovers of any age can find something they like with entertainment going on 7 days a week. The central-bar layout doesn't allow for too much seating, so arrive early. With that said, who could complain? You're right next to a casino! Music, gambling, and booze tend to go hand in hand.
3. Fox and Hound - Calling all aristocrats; Cigars, lavish seating (in the Green Room and the Burgundy Room) and a wide liquor selection would make Trump feel at home. But wait, are those chicken wings, dart boards, and pool tables? Do I see draft beer specials, UFC pay-per-views and live acoustic music? That's right, the Fox has something for everyone, so grab your cigar-cutters and leave the wife at home; it's guys' night.
4. The Duck Inn - The rumor-mill is full of history on the Duck Inn; bands like Nickleback and Motley Crue are said to have passed through the Ducks' Door (all before they became famous, of course). Centered around original bands, the Duck Inn is the spot for music appreciation; live local acts as well as travelling up-starts play the Duck every weekend. A smaller venue, but still a great place to catch live music. Cheap drinks are always a plus as well...
5. Woody's West - After a fire ended the reign of Woody's on Main street, we thought all hope was lost... Then, like a pheonix reborn, Woody's West emerged! Continuing the legacy of the "hardest bar in town", Woody's West is located in the former White Lightning Saloon. Woody's on main was known for the big-name acts that played there recently, including 10 Years, Saliva, and Drowning Pool, and we can only hope these acts will still come to Evansville via Woody's. Be sure to keep an eye on Woody's West; you never know what they're gonna come up with next.