Check out the below five books to find out what are some of the top children's fiction books being read in Tucson. If you have not read them, then you might enjoy checking them out. The list is based on the most checked out books at the Woods Memorial Branch Library.
1. The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier - This fictional horror book is about a 14-year-old and a ten-year-old Irish orphans going to work as servants at a manor house in England. There they encounter a mysterious stranger and begin to learn the secrets of the cursed house.
2. The Cabinet of Curiosities and 36 Tales Brief and Sinister by Stefan Bachman - This is a collection of short horror stories that relate to a museum of creepy artifacts. The book features black and white illustrations throughout.
3. The Storm Tower Thief by Anne Cameron - This is the second book in the Lightning Catcher series. In this book, 12-year-old Angus, who can predict catastrophic weather, and his friends from his school (Perilous Exploratorium for Violent Weather and Vicious Storms) must find the legendary Lightning Heart to stop an outbreak of deadly Ice Diamonds.
4. Saving Lucas Biggs by Marisa De los Santos - This is a time travel fiction novel about a 13-year-old using her family's forbidden power of time travel to save her father from being sentenced to death for something he did not do.
5. Rebellion by Adam Jay Epstein - This is the second book in the Starbounders series. In this book four Starbounder students travel through space to thwart an evil conspiracy and save their world.