If you’re hunkering down as Hurricane Earl blows through, here are five Connecticut area beers to stock for your hurricane party.
5. Sam Adams Coastal Wheat: a coastal summer style beer for a coastal summer storm.
4. New England Brewing Company Atlantic Amber: the Atlantic brew for an Atlantic based storm.
3. Harpoon UFO Hefewiezen: in the event the hurricane starts launching unidentified flying objects.
2. Thomas Hooker Liberator Dopplebock: what’s more liberating than refrigerator full of craft beer while a storm rages outside?
1. Newport Storm Hurricane Amber Ale: the name says it all.
Thomas Hooker Nor’Easter: a great name but as a winter brew it falls out of the hurricane season.
Brooklyn Brewery Monster Ale: depending on the size of the storm.