2014 red carpet fashion and style decisions are ongoing as Hollywood fashionistas prep for the upcoming awards season. But before fans gear up for the next wave of fashion, we should look back the year in fashion for 2013. 2013 was a year of fabulous red carpet fashion and style. From movie premieres to the awards shows, the red carpet turned into the runway, and movie press tours because must-watch fashion events.
So who ruled fashion in 2013? From the obvious to the break-out and guesses for next year’s biggest hits, these two women ruled their 2013 style. Our top two picks are no surprise to anyone with slight interest in fashion, but their elegance, poise and chic confidence transcend trends, fashion fads and even their slight fashion missteps.
Middleton has emerged as one of this year’s most stylish fashionistas. From royal duties to movie premieres and casual outings, the mother of Britain’s next king is a fashion powerhouse of her own.
Whether she is clad in jeans or stylish designer threads, Middleton knows how to work it. She is well aware of what works for her body, and sticks with designers who make her look flawlessly fabulous from every photo angle.
Our top looks for Kate Middleton’s stylish looks in 2013 include:
- The Alexander McQueen cream suit and LK Bennet shoes, topped with the Jane Taylor hat that she rocked for her son, Prince George’s royal christening.
- The sequined Jenny Packham gown that the Duchess wore to the Turks Conservation Awards, paired with Jimmy Choo heels stole our hearts just eight weeks after delivering the new heir.
- When she goes casual, she goes casual chic. Middleton was nothing short of stunning her barely-room to breathe jeans, Ralph Lauren blazer and Bromley wedges she donned to the Queen Olympic Park in East London. No one debuts a post-baby bod like Middleton.
Kerry Washington has topped every best dressed list in 2013 from People Magazine to Vanity Fair. To say that the “Scandal” star is one of 2013’s most stylish red carpet darlings is an understatement. The woman killed it every time.
The mom-to-be shys away from nothing on the red carpet. She is open to risks, new designers and bold colors. From Miu Miu to Oscar de la Renta, Marchesa and every designer in between, she is a fashion dream. Her stylish Erin Walsh has mastered the art of making Washington look good, and fashionistas have great expecations for the pregnant stars 2014 fashion choices.
Our top picks for Washington’s most stylish red carpet moments in 2013 were too difficult to narrow down, but we chose:
- The almost-edible crystal Miu Miu gown the “Scandal” actress wore to the Oscars was perfection.
- In February, the actress stunned at the NAACP Image Awards in an Oscar de la Renta dress, accessorized with Christian Louboutin heels, a Kotur clutch and Neil Lane jewels. The lovely colors warmed our stylish little hearts.
- Not one to shy away from drama, her Giles gown at the London premiere of “Django Unchained” had her looking “Gone With the Wind” fabulous.
- No one rocks a little black dress like Washington did in her lace Marchesa stunner at the Annual Producers Guild Awards.
- And we could not resist her MTV Movie Awards look in Michael Kors and Roger Vivier heels.
While the Fashion Examiner chose only two top stylish picks for 2013, other stylistas like Naomie Harris, who turned the “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” press tour into her own private fashion show, regulars like Diane Kruger, Alexa Chung, and new comer Lupita Nyong'o, who is poised to rule the 2014 red carpet, also caught our attention.
Who topped your list for the most stylish woman of 2013?