Everyone should have an Xbox 360 for Christmas. Think of the children.
This holiday season many people are asking their loved ones what they want for Christmas. Well, if they have an Xbox 360, they'll probably love these games. These are the top games to be released this year, along with a couple that are coming out in the next week or two that promise to be blockbuster hits.
The questions to be asked, are what games do you purchase, and which ones are really good? I hope that this list helps enlighten those uncertain shoppers.
10. Tekken 6 - Tekken comes out swinging in it's sixth installment on the franchise, and the first to come to Xbox 360. Coming with 42 total characters, including eight new ones, Tekken is a blast from the past with excellent graphics, and great gameplay. The game isn't just a button mashing fest like most other fighters, and players find that it's quite a tactical game. It holds reviews from 8 out of ten, to 9.5 out of ten.
9. James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - This game looks amazing. Rarely can you say that a game that's based off of a movie is great, off the top of my head I can only think of Chronicles of Riddick. Avatar on the other hand, has amazing visuals, intense looking multiplayer, and a great single player campaign from all the video's that have been put out thus far. It has no reviews, as it hasn't come out yet, but I promise it'll be worth the purchase. It's being developed by Ubisoft, who has an excellent track record for games.
8. The Saboteur - Another amazing looking game set during WWII. This one however, features something other games don't. It features an interesting lighting effect, that is based off of German military strength in an area. If the presence of the military is strong in that specific district, everything will be greyscale black and white. It's up to you to return color to that area, by weakening the German presence. Everything gets started when one of your friends is killed by the Nazis. Nothing like vengeance to fuel a great game. This is a mixture of a sandbox, stealth, and first person shooter. It's developed by Pandemic Studios, who is best known for the Star Wars Battlefront games.
7. Forza Motorsport 3 - The greatest racing simulator to hit the market, hands down. Praised by critics net wide, it's limitless customization and realism is unprecedented. Even the fabled Gran Turismo doesn't offer as much realism and customization as this game. It's the third installment in the franchise, and received scored from 9 out of 10, to a full 10.
6. Dragon Age: Origins - This is an amazing game. Dozens upon dozens of side quests, a slew of different races and classes, and of course, a different 'Origin' story for each. The game plays out different each time you play it if you choose to select different options. The graphics are good, the voice acting is great, and the story line is amazing. This is perfect for RPG lovers, or people new to the genre. The game is developed by Bioware, most notably known for the Knights of the Old Republic, and Mass Effect. It's been rated between 8 out of 10 and 9.5 out of 10.
5. Borderlands - Borderlands is a game that's so great, I'll direct you to the review I wrote for it, here. It's perfect for RPG lovers, and shooter fans alike. This is not a game that will collect dust. It's average reviews are from 8 out of 10 to 9 out of 10.
4. Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed II doesn't fail to deliver a better experience than it's predecessor. A few of the factors that are better in the sequel are, weapons are purchasable, your clothing customizable, an economy system, a storyline, character development, and excellent voice acting. AC2 has received excellent reviews from all media outlets, and is one of the first games that actually provides a good history lesson. Recommended for any gamer that is a student of the Renaissance.
3. Modern Warfare 2 - Having one of the hugest releases in video game history, this game literally flew off the shelves. While it can be considered controversial, it is still an excellent game, and a blockbuster experience. It's got an incredibly stellar and compelling campaign, edge of your seat cooperative modes, and incredibly engaging multiplayer. You can judge this one by it's popularity on Xbox Live, it's set new records for activity. Everyone should have this game for Christmas.
2. Halo 3: ODST - A game for every Halo fan, and people who just like to shoot things. It features a bit more realism than Halo 3 in the sense that you're not a super soldier that stands over 7 feet tall. The game mechanics feel a lot like Halo 3, and will bring you hours of fun. The second disc dubbed 'Mythic Disk' is a great addition that makes this game worth the money. It contains all of the multiplayer maps for Halo 3, at no additional cost. The game garnered positive reviews from 8 out of 10, to 10 out of 10.
1. Left 4 Dead 2 - This is a game for a variety of people. For the hard or softcore zombie fan, the first person shooter junkie, the coop lover, and the multiplayer competitor. This is an excellent game, whether you're playing by yourself, with a partner, or online. It features five different campaigns, four different game modes, and each are worth playing. The game is a huge improvement over the first installment, Left 4 Dead, including new special infected, many new guns, and of course the melee weapons are fantastic. Nothing like beating a crowd of zombies to a bloody pulp with a frying pan.
Don't forget to check out: Top 5 Accesories for Xbox 360