When most people think of trench coats a few things pop up; rainy weather, Burberry, and animated detective extraordinaire Inspector Gadget.
A few people may share in the thought that trench coats remind them of the Spring, however, trench coats are quite possibly the unofficial outerwear threads for the spring, (sorry jean jacket you've had your time)
And it's not just this spring, but every spring season-- yup it's become that classic. To don the look this season go for trenches that are light and contemporary.
You don't want to go full blown 40's detective mode with a classic full length trench-- think a little less utilitarian a little more modern and updated. Here are a few on-trend looks for the Spring..
1. Elizabeth & James 'Hendrick' Linen-Blend Trench Coat $298 theoutnet.com
2. Carven Trench Coat $661 farfetch.com
3. Thakoon Addition Leather Panel Trench Coat $395 matchesfashion.com
4. Topshop Check Trench Coat $170 topshop.com
5. Petite Stone Black Trim Belted Trench $67 newlook.com
6. Michael by Michael Kors Belted Trench Coat $487 farfetch.com
7. UNIQLO Short Trench Coat $70 uniqlo.com
8. Burberry Brit Short Trench Coat $788 farfetch.com