If you’re looking for the perfect gift for a spouse, parent or grandparent, think technology. In ever growing numbers, seniors are getting their tech on – with the help of their children and grandchildren. Who would have ever guessed that seniors are the fastest and largest growing demographic group on the Intenet? Baby Boomers are not the dinosaurs they might seem to be.
To help you find the perfect gift for your favorite Baby Boomer, mom or dad or gram or gramps, here are The top 10 techie gift suggestions for seniors:
Note that links take you to reviews of the products to help you help you choose the right gift.
1. Smartphones (iPhone, android phones and related subscription plans – add them to your own plan to save money); and don't forget the apps!
2. Tablets (iPad vs android tablets) and e-book readers (Kindle v Nook)
3. PC’s v MACs (consider including monthly service provider contract)
4. Digital Cameras – with video
5. Appliances – Shark v Dyson vacuum cleaner , KitchenAid mixer , robotic cleaners like Roomba, speaker doc/portable stereo
6. Wearable tech (ie. Headphones, Smartwatches, health trackers, pedometers)
7. TV’s (flatscreen, wall mount, home theater systems)
8. Streaming video subscriptions (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu)
9. Tech toys and game counsels (Wii, Xbox, Playstation)
10. Wi-fi routers and Wi-fi connected home tech products.
Including a “how-to coupon” with any tech toy or gadget adds a personal touch and guarantees use and satisfaction.
To receive Ellen Jacob’s articles in your in-box, click SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL. It’s FREE and your email will never be shared with anyone. Share your funny, cute, awwww! grand-giggles by emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and type GRANDGIGGLES in the Subject Line.