Valentine's Day is less than a month away, so chances are, if you aren't already dating someone, you will be spending this couple's only holiday alone. And that's fine! But the point is, if you're going to be spending Valentine's Day alone anyway... why not grab a few good movies and a bottle of wine and really go to town! (that is if you're emotionally stable enough to handle the high dosage of love and romance...) Just stay away from those rom-coms that will make you sad and lonely beyond measure (i.e. The Notebook!!!)
Top 10 Rom Coms for a solo V-Day:
- Serendipity - This one will remind you of the fact that you can meet "the one" and go on with separate lives and meet back up later, if it's truly meant to be.
- He's Just Not That Into You - This book/movie is probably hated by single women everywhere, but if you really pay attention and take notes you could have a breakthrough about why you're alone for V-Day this year.
- When Harry Met Sally - This movie showcases how two people can go from enemies to friends to really being in love.
- Knocked Up - Even though this movie is technically a romantic comedy it is the "buddy film" humor in the movie that will keep you from going into a hole. If you like that kind of comedy, you'll be cracking up the whole movie.
- The Break-Up - This is one romantic comedy that actually doesn't have the stereotypical "happy ending" where the two main characters end up together. In this movie they break up and it sticks. It's slightly sad and depressing, but at least it will give you some perspective in your movie marathon and remind you that sometimes things just don't work out and that's okay.
- 27 Dresses - This movie will remind you that even though you may be "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" as the saying goes, your day will come.
- Going the Distance - Hopefully this one will provide hope for those of you who are alone this Valentine's Day simply because of proximity.
- Hitch - Of all rom-coms, this is one of the most light and fun movies. Will Smith makes dating look fun. Yeah it's a love story, but it is definitely not going to depress you.
- Something New - Good for the career-driven, single woman as a reminder to loosen up a little and try something different or new.
- Valentine's Day - It may seem crazy to watch this while being alone. But hey, it's Valentine's Day! Why not?
***Did you like this article? If so, scroll to the top and click 'Subscribe'! Also, feel free to send relationship questions and/or article suggestions to email@example.com or via Twitter @tcarr_examiner!