While the Republican Party runs down the clock on its latest government shutdown threat, you have to wonder whether it's worth paying attention to them anymore.
You've also got to wonder why anyone (except rich business owners and other wealthy folks who don't want to pay their fair share of taxes to help keep America strong) would still affiliate with or vote for today's GOP.
But that's a story for another day.
Today, The Big Story everywhere you look or listen on the American media landscape is about how a group of about 80 Tea Party Republicans are pushing the U.S. House of Representatives thisclose to shutting down our federal government.
So here, in ascending order, are the top ten reasons to ignore the story.
10) Been there, done that - or rather, didn't do that - with all this shutdown stuff, no? And the earth is still spinning, national health reform is still moving forward.
9) "The Voice" is back for another 2-hour blast on NBC tonight! Uh, that's if it's not preempted by NBC news coverage of The Big Story.
8) Bill Clinton knows where the emergency reset switch on the government is.
7) "Monday Night Football"!!
6) Worth seeing neglected Fox News and MSNBC pundits collapse in puddle of crocodile tears, before House Speaker John Boehner does.
5) "Breaking Bad" finale now available on-demand!!
4) No matter how much Tea Party House Republicans' hometown fans say they hate Obamacare, they also like their Social Security, Veterans benefit and other federal checks to arrive on time.
3) Wait a minute - Isn't this "Get Off The Grid Family Game Night"?!?
2) Like it or not, President Obama may be smartest, most mature dude in DC, and we all know he'll outwit these witless House wannabes in the end.
1) Like whiny little kids who keep testing limits of bad behavior, it's best not to give these Republican "legislators" any attention - until time comes to spank them out of office in 2014.