Planning is the key when it comes to healthy eating…including your snacks! So when that hunger strikes in the middle of the day, you can resist the cookie temptation by being prepared. Stock your refrigerator with the quick and healthy snack ideas below to help you stay on track.
- Turkey Slices wrapped around bell peppers and avocado
- Jerky (beef, turkey, or ostrich) and cubed cantaloupe
- Cheddar cheese and sliced pear
- Hummus and sugar snap peas
- Pistachios and a peach
- Hard boiled egg and red grapes
- Cottage cheese and berries
- Almond butter and apple slices
- Greek yogurt and blueberries
- Romaine lettuce roll with tuna, greek yogurt and cucumber slices
Want to create your own quick and healthy snacks ideas? Base them around protein, fruits and veggies, making sure they are approximately 200-300 calories to stay satisfied and energized.